Monday, July 21, 2008

Keep Blogging, Keep Keep Blogging Love

I'm sitting in Camille's Sidewalk Cafe in Studio City, after paying $4 for a bad smoothie and an extra dollar for a mediocre chocolate chip cookie so I could legally use my ATM card for a purchase of at least $5.oo.  Oh, well, it's still cheaper than the $7 T-mobile asks for at the airport if you desire to tenderly touch the internet's cruel, sleeping beast-head.  


I was doing other slightly important things on the computer before I checked the excellent blogs of my excellent friends and family.  Then I remembered my own blog and felt chagrined.  Three months since the last post?  Really?  Life's regular chores can be insurmountable Everests for me sometimes, but since when is a blog considered a toughie?  Sadly, I have lots to say about the intervening months of my life, but my 1 hour parking limit is up in five minutes.  So, this post is just to have another post.  Cleansing the palette for the umami that is to come.  

5 comments:

Sara Ellis said...

Viva Umami!

Kelly said...

Even your words concerning a lack of words leaves me wanting more! You cut me open.

Timnah said...

Girl, you are hilarious! I just found out you had a blog (by visiting Geoff and Heather's to read cute baby stories). I also quite like your profile picture--it's been years since I've seen you, and the only comment I've heard about your appearance was from a guy in my singles ward in central Illinois a couple of years ago who had moved there from L.A. and who met you at an SF writing conference and said you were one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever seen.

I vividly remember going miniature golfing with you in Orem several years ago and giggling with you there about the male fear of the "vagina dentata." I also remember you singing with the fam at someone's funeral and sounding glorious, but I honestly don't remember whose funeral it was. Nobody immediately related, I guess, because no one was crying and everyone could sing fine.

Rose is getting married this weekend. Check her out (password "Rose"):

http://www.kevinwinzeler.com/gallery/5624759_yQhgL/1/345552696_p4HtT#345552812_a9FSM

She's a hottie, huh?

Love and chocolate,

Timnah

JasonShawnAlexander said...

Emily!

Hey you! Was great to see you at Comic Con.
I am shooting a horror short on the 24th. 2 days of shooting. Would love to have you in it. it's for a contest for Universal. I don't have your number, though! Email me yr info?
jason@studiosection8.com!

Fedaykin said...

Hello there Ms. Emily. I just finished "Rebekah" on CD and I gotta say, Dang Gina. You've got some voice talent. It was very enjoyable. Usually people who read books on CD have all the vocal charisma of oatmeal. Or some affected melodramatic inflection that evokes torrents of enmity within me. But you, you're good. I mean, this is all assuming that you are THE Emily Janice Card and all. If I may ask, what is the significance of the It-girl of 1889? A longing for the Victorian era?